The Objectives of Cathexis Psychotherapy
Cathexis Psychotherapy is a service provider which aims to deliver, promote, support and develop the use of evidence based, safe, effective and efficient treatments in the field of psychotherapy. The objectives of Cathexis Psychotherapy are:
- To deliver evidence based, safe, effective and efficient treatments.
- To utilise a scientific understanding of psychotherapy and psychological therapies in planning and delivering services.
- To advance the education of clinicians, practitioners, and patients in all aspects of evidence based treatments in psychotherapy and psychological therapies.
- To promote, develop, support, and deliver research projects in psychotherapy and psychological therapies to further understanding of evidence based treatments and the objective of the organisation.
- To provide advice and consultation for the development of clinical services, the provision of training and education, and the design of research proposals in psychotherapy and psychological therapies.
- To ensure that psychotherapeutic treatments delivered in the Clinic are properly defined, described and transparent in the public domain.
- To ensure that patients and the public can have a reasonable expectation that they will receive an effective and efficient treatment for their presenting problems - either as direct purchasers of treatment or as receivers of treatment purchased on their behalf.
- To ensure that third-party purchasers’ of treatment for patients and the public can have a reasonable expectation that an effective and efficient treatment will be delivered on their behalf.
- To apply proper and sound governance to treatments, education, training and consultation delivered.
- To comply with reasonable and proper standards set by reputable professional organisations in the field.
- To work collaboratively and in partnership with bodies and organisations that share a common purpose.